Director of Early Childhood Center
Temple Dor Dorim (Weston, FL)
Director of Early Education
Temple Dor Dorim
About Temple Dor Dorim’s Early Childhood Center
At Temple Dor Dorim’s Early Childhood Center (“ECC”) we believe children develop a world of knowledge through creative play. Play provides children with hands-on experiences that help them grow developmentally, cognitively, emotionally and socially. With play as an integral component of the ECC’s curriculum, it enables us to create a warm, nurturing environment where children feel safe to take risks while exploring their world. This type of environment stimulates curiosity and fosters a lifelong love of learning.
Curriculum is integrated so that experiences are connected and learning is meaningful. Through a centers-based approach, children are exposed to a language rich environment that encourages the early skills necessary for reading and writing. Along with academic readiness our goal is to instill within children and their families a cultural identity, Jewish morals and values and a sense of belonging to the Jewish community.
We are actively seeking a qualified Director of Early Education (“Director”) who will oversee the daily operations and administration of Temple Dor Dorim’s Early Childhood Center. The candidate will be experienced in the field of early childhood development and lead the management of the school and camp. The Director’s responsibilities include recruitment and oversight of staff, curriculum and program development, property maintenance, marketing and communication, financial management, and communication with current and future families.
To be successful as our director, the candidate should possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills as well as a love for children. The candidate should uphold the vision of the early childhood center with pride and ensure that the ECC meets and exceeds the relevant standards set by the state and NAEYC. Ultimately, a top-notch Director will determine the needs of the school and camp, protect the health and safety of children, work closely with the Assistant Director, the senior professional staff, and report to the Board of Trustees.
Core duties include, but are not limited to:
- Develop a curriculum and programs: The Director works closely with the ECC’s teachers and staff, creating learning plans or programs to meet state, federal and NAEYC requirements and parent expectations. Partner with the clergy to infuse Jewish values, holidays and cultural experiences into the curriculum and programs.
- Oversee staff: Staff management is probably the most important task of a director. The Director must interview, hire, train and supervise staff, and provide opportunities for professional growth and development.
- Manage facilities: The Director must make sure that the facility is safe and well-stocked. This includes checking that safety equipment is available and working, removing hazards and ensuring the facility is always clean and orderly.
- Create a budget: The Director manages the facility’s finances, which includes creating and working within a budget.
- Legal Compliance: The Director ensures full compliance with all licensing and safety regulations required by the state and NAEYC.
- Market the ECC: There is much competition between childcare facilities, so the Director must have a marketing plan to promote awareness of the ECC and its services, ensuring successful enrollment, student retention, and overseeing the assessment of child development.
- Regular communications and meetings with parents and teachers: The Director will communicate and meet with parents and teachers to keep parents up-to-date on their child’s development and progress, including discussing ways to address any learning or behavioral issues.
- Engagement and Outreach: As the Director is a part of the senior professional staff, they must attend professional staff meetings and work closely with the other Temple Dor Dorim professional staff to enhance current experiences and create additional opportunities for engagement of young families in the congregation and community.
Required Skills include, but are not limited to:
- Business management: The Director runs all aspects of the ECC facility from monitoring the security system and protocols to creating the budget. Besides being detail-orientated and organized, the Director must keep up with federal and state childcare laws and requirements.
- First aid: The Director must have a good knowledge of child safety requirements and be up-to-date on first aid protocol.
- Excellent communication skills: As the face of the ECC, the Director must be an excellent communicator, to include regular engagement with current ECC families, offering warm and inviting tours to prospective families, writing school newsletters, and running regular staff meetings.
- Good crisis management: The Director must have strong crisis management abilities, being able to remain cool and composed in a crisis situation.
- Leadership skills: The Director’s job is to keep staff motivated and resolve conflicts, which requires good leadership skills.
- Classroom experience: Since a director is responsible for hiring teaching staff, they need to know how to handle a group of children, understand childhood development and have the know-how to establish classroom structure.
- Other Requirements: Knowledge of and appreciation for reform Judaism and its traditions and values, or willingness to learn and respect accordingly. Ability to speak and understand Hebrew a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree in education, early childhood, or related field
- Master’s in education a plus
- Director’s Credential
- CPR and First aid certification
- Experience Requirements:
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a director role or 5 years as an Assistant Director
- Minimum of 3 years’ classroom experience
- Experience with NAEYC accreditation a plus
Commensurate with experience, plus benefits, including health insurance, PTO, congregation membership, free tuition in congregation schools, pension, and professional development allowance.
Please send resumes and a thoughtful cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Job Type : Full-Time
Education Level : Bachelors Degree
Experience Level : Director
Job Function : Administrative
Annual Salary Range From : $50,000.00
To : $70,000.00
Congregation Size (member households) : 300
Annual Budget / Revenue : $2.5M - $5M
Anticipated Start Date for the Position : ASAP
How to Apply : email@example.com